Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Say What II

Once again, it’s time to chronicle the funny things my kids say.

This first one we’ve been trying to correct for a while.  It was very cute when he first blurted it out, but it has really seemed to stick, and now he’s passed it on to his brother.  A while back, Griffin was at the store with his mother, and she bought the kids some toy dinosaurs.  On the way home, the oldest boy wanted to know what type of dino he had:
Griffin:  “Mommy, is this one a Ham-eater?”
Tamara: “A what?”
Griffin:  “A Ham-eater.”
Tamara: “Oh, you mean a ‘Meat-Eater’.”
(It is of interest to note that up until this point, we pretty much only had ham for sandwich meat at the house.)

Gage is at that age where he provides a wealth of humorous quotes: 
Only recently have we been able to persuade him that Chick-Fil-A is not called “Chicken-Bell.”
When he plays basketball with brother, they shoot the ball into a “Basketball Gold.”
One of his favorite breakfast foods is ‘Yogurp.’
He loves looking at reptile pictures in books.  Most specifically ‘Al-digators’ and ‘Croc-o-dye-yules.’

Griffin has begun his first foray into joking and intentional humor.  The other day, a joke was told, at his expense.  His reply, “Everyone’s a Chamelion.”  We think he meant to say “Everyone’s a comedian,” but the mental picture we get from his version is so much funnier that we’ve started using that one ourselves.

Gage has picked up an interesting little phrase that we don’t quite know what to do about.  It is either a mild toddler curse or an expression of excitement.  We think this because he uses it both when he’s frustrated and when he’s stoked about something.  Observe:
Me:  “Gage, go pick up your toys.”
Gage:  “Oh, spanx!”

Also,
Me:  “Gage, are you ready to go to Chuck E. Cheese?”
Gage:  “Oh, spanx!  We’re goin’ to Chuck E. Cheeses!”


Finally, there’s one last interchange I’d like to leave you with.  This happened last Saturday while the boys were playing outside.  Gage came in because he had to use the potty, and after he had been in there a while, I heard him call for me.  I went into the bathroom, and the following conversation ensued:

Gage:  “I have more poo-poos to push out.”
Me:  “Do you need me to wipe you, or are you finished?”
Gage:  “I can do it by myself.  You’re not the greatest.”
(Stunned silence from me)
Gage:  “But I love you.  You’re still my dad.”
Me:  “Umm, you just call me if you need any help.”
Gage:  “OK, I just need to push the rest of my poo-poos out.”

1 comment:

  1. I was crackkkkking up reading this!!! -Miranda

    ReplyDelete