Thursday, July 22, 2010

What's That Smell

I went to the gym on Monday.  Yeah, me.  I have to go in the morning, or otherwise I’d never get to spend any time with my kids.  Thankfully, I’m able to shower at the gym before going straight to work.  I’m sure that if that weren’t the case, my co-workers would insist that I wait until the evening to do my fitness routine.
Another advantage to going early is that I can get the workout done before the heat of the day sets in.  And, man, has it ever been hot.  Lately, it’s still in the nineties at 8:00 pm.  So, there’s that too.

I figured out, Tuesday morning, that there’s one flaw in the execution of my daily routine.  When I finished my shower and started getting ready for work, I popped the cap off of my deodorant, and immediately noticed that there was nothing there.  What had happened, the previous day, is that I left my gym bag in my truck all day, and the ‘solid’ deodorant melted up into the cap.

I salvaged enough to make due for the day, and then explained the problem to my wife that evening.  She had a great idea of leaving the Right Guard Power Stripe container in the truck, but setting it vertical so that the deodorant melted back down into the container and became usable again.  I thought it was brilliant.

So, Wednesday morning, I took two containers of deodorant; one to use, and my busted up bottle that needed fixing.  After my workout, I carefully placed BOTH bottles in the cup holder of my front seat.  I did that because I’m smart, and knew that both bottles were going to melt.  I left them there all day long, so the sun could do its job.

When I arrived at my truck to go home, I noticed that the sun had done exactly what it was supposed to do…and then a little more.  The deodorant had melted so completely that it seeped out of the bottom of the container and all over my cup holders. 

Thankfully, it didn’t leak down onto the carpet.  That would have been a mess.  Still, I can’t get all the melted deodorant out of my truck.  These are the kind of cup holders that slide into the dash.
The upside to this is that my truck has a crisp, clean, manly smell to it.  It’s sort of refreshing, almost invigorating to ride in now.

The downside is that Power Stripe deodorant doesn’t melt evenly.  When I opened it up this morning, it was a hideous, twisted, melded mess that I was almost afraid to use.  I did anyway.  The alternative would have ended up being just as unpleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment