Monday, September 19, 2011

Diary of a Stray Kitten



Day 28
Life has gotten better since the People found me in a briar patch on the other side of the creek.  I cried for two days before they came for me.  I’m glad they did since it was getting harder and harder to catch those grasshoppers.  The lady gave me milk today!  It was so good, I hope I can stay here forever.  Some little people came over today too.  I bet they’d be fun to play with, I wish they’d come outside with me.

Day 29
The Lady took me to see Dr. Nick and Mrs. Mischelle today!  They were very nice.  They checked to make sure I wasn’t sick and even told me when my birthday was. 
I like the Lady!  She gives me food and water and milk.  I like it when we sit in the swing on the back porch.

Day 30
I don’t like the Lady anymore.  For no reason at all, she shoved me into a sink full of water and rubbed a foul, burning chemical all over me.  I still smell like this ‘shampoo’.  If I wanted to be wet, which I don’t, I’d have gone down to the creek and jumped in it.  I think I’ll ignore her for the rest of the day.  That should make a point.

Day 31
The little people came back over and played with me today.  They were a bit rough, at first, but the Lady showed them how to play and they got better…at least the older one did.  That smaller one likes to pull my tail and carry me upside down.  I don’t like that.  I liked it even less when he threw me off the porch.  Thank goodness the Lady made him stay away from me for the rest of the time.
I’ll be more careful what I wish for in the future, as I no longer wish the little people to come outside and play with me.

Day 40
Do I stay where I have food, water, and milk, or do I go back to the briar patch?  The little people come to see me far more often than I like.  If I can make it to the Griffin quickly enough, I’m mostly safe.  However, the Gage will inevitably get his grubby little hands on me, and then I’m at his mercy.  Some days, I can handle the abuse, and some days I just want to hide in the tractor or under the grill.  What to do…what to do…

Day 47
I must be brief.  The Gage has shown up a full day early and without his older brother.  I’m running out of hiding places.  Was also terrified to learn that there’s a third little person…the “Sister”.  She’s the smallest of the three.  Thankfully they keep her inside.  She’ll be trouble, mark my words.

Day 54
I’ve decided to stay.  I can deal with the Gage on a once a week basis.  The Griffin is really nice and can teach me cool things, like how to give a ‘High-Five’.  I’d like to give the Gage a ‘high-five.’  In the face.  With maybe a chair.  At least claws and teeth are still an option if things get too bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment