Saturday, May 14, 2011

An Update On Crazy Letters

Yesterday was a boon for responses from my crazy letter writing campaign.  I've learned that you get a much better response from corporations if you take the time to snail mail them, and will be using that method in the future.

I'm still a little disappointed in the tone of the responses I'm getting.  I was hoping to hit on someone that would respond with an equal sense of humor, but that hasn't happened so far.  This leads me to believe that either the company won't allow a humorous response, or I'm no where near as funny as I think I am.  Tamara has also suggested that maybe if I didn't sound like such a lunatic, my letters might be more easily deciphered as an attempt at joking...we'll see.

My first response comes from Cambell's Soup.  To see the letter I wrote to prompt the response click here.

********
Dear Mr Thomas:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you think our Campbell's SpaghettiOs A to Zs Shaped Pasta with Meatballs in Tomato Sauce is "M'm! M'm! Good!"  I've forwarded your kind words to the rest of my team so that they too may know that their efforts are appreciated.

At Campbell, our number one priority is to delight our consumers.  We realize that it is consumers like you who have helped build our businesses and we sincerely appreciate your loyalty.

As a small token of our thanks, I've enclosed a coupon.  Please use it to enjoy your favorite product from the Campbell family of brands including V8, Prego, Pace and Pepperidge Farm.

********
They did enclose a $1.00 coupon for any product, and a Campbell's Soup Cook Booklet.

The second letter I got was from ConAgra Foods, the people who own David's Sunflower Seeds.  To see my list of helpful suggestions, click here.

********
Dear Mr. Thomas,

Thank you for your correspondence in regard to our David Seeds.  We appreciate consumers like you who think of ConAgra Foods as a company with whom you want to share your ideas.

As you might know, ConAgra Foods employs hundreds if not thousands of employees whose role includes generating and developing new ideas for the company, whether it be for new products, new marketing campaigns, and the like.  Consumer feedback plays a key role in generating new ideas.  However, we are not able to enter into a formal, confidential relationship with consumers for ideas they submit, as we do not want to create any potential confusion as to the source of any similar ideas that we may separately and independently develop.  Please understand that our inability to accept your ideas does not reflect in any way on the nature and quality of the ideas.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with ConAgra Foods.  We greatly appreciate your interest in our products and your patronage!

********

They enclosed two 50 cent coupons for any of their products.  I was really disappointed in this response.  I thought my letter would at least net me a 5 gallon bucket of seeds.  I am doing pretty well in the coupon category, but let me tell you, this is NOT the way to build up your coupon stock.  It's much easier to clip them out of Sunday's paper than pen a witty letter.

I'm still holding out for a response from Dr. Pepper.  Maybe one day it will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment