Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back On-Line


I feel as if I owe an explanation to both of you people who still read this blog from time to time.  Things have been…hectic around our house.  In fact, you could say that we’ve been inundated by an overabundance of “First World” problems.  We bought a new house and moved, but a large amount of our time and energy has been spent fixing up the old one and getting it ready to put on the market.  We also ran into legal problems in the midst of trying to sell some land we own, costing us a good deal of money and adding a boatload of stress.

But as I mentioned these are First World problems which differ greatly from Third World problems.  While the stress and pressure we feel at working day in and day out on our old house is real, it pales in comparison to issues like, “Oh, my baby doesn’t have any food or clean water today,” or “Hey, this ruthless dictator is lining me up on a wall in front of a firing squad!”  You see, they just don’t compare.

Even when I woke up a few weeks ago with a 103° temperature and found out I had contracted pneumonia, it wasn’t as serious as it would have been if I were in another country with lesser medical facilities.  That’s not to say it was a walk in the park.  It was a completely unpleasant experience which more or less felt like having my head fed into a steel press while a bunch of roided-out gorillas worked my ribcage over with twelve-pound sledge hammers.  At the lowest point, my doctor gave me a third shot of antibiotics and threatened to put me in the hospital if I didn’t improve in 24 hours.  Thank the Lord, we didn’t have to go that far.

I wasn’t even aware you could get pneumonia in the middle of the summer!  But apparently it is possible to weaponize bacteria hiding in the dirt by running a lawn mower over it and kicking it into the air.  Who knew?  I’ve only been mowing for the last 24 years without it ever happening.  Regardless, it’s a miserable experience that I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

So, with all my excuses out of the way, I just wanted to let you know that there will be more movement on this webpage.  I’m not quite sure how much or how fast, but there will be movement. 

I do appreciate the 3,000+ reads and the visitors I’ve had from countries all around the world.  Thanks for taking time to share the adventure of our life!

-Michael Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment